Listen to Rete Italia, A Voice for the Italian Community in Australia!
Rete Italia is an Australian radio station. It broadcasts in Italian language to various cities and regions across the country. It is part of the Niche Radio group, which provides radio services to different communities and special interest groups. Rete Italia is Australia’s Italian-speaking radio network with over 30 stations.
Rete Italia was founded in 1994 as a result of the merger of several Italian radio stations in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Brisbane. Its mission is to inform, entertain and educate the Italian community in Australia, as well as to promote the Italian culture, language and heritage.
Rete Italia offers a variety of programs that cover news, current affairs, sports, music, culture, lifestyle, health, education and more. Some of its popular programs are:
- Notizie: A daily news program that covers the latest news from Italy and Australia, as well as news of interest to the Italian community in Australia.
- Mattina Insieme: A morning show that features a mix of news, music, and interviews.
- Pomeriggio Insieme: An afternoon show that features music, talk, and entertainment.
- Domenica Insieme: A Sunday program that features a mix of news, music, and culture.
- Musica Italiana: A music program that features the latest Italian hits, as well as classic Italian songs.
- Sport Italia: A sports program that covers all the latest news and action from Italian sport, as well as Australian sport of interest to the Italian community.
Rete Italia also produces special programs for festivals, holidays and events such as Christmas, Easter, Carnevale, Sanremo Festival, Eurovision Song Contest and more.
Rete Italia has a team of professional and experienced presenters who bring their passion, knowledge and personality to the radio. Some of them are:
- Paolo Conti – The station manager and the host of La Mattina and L’Incontro.
- Giulia Sirignani – The news director and the host of Il Giornale.
- Marco Zanini – The sports director and the host of Sport Italia.
- Sara Ricciardi – The host of La Sera and La Scuola.
- Luca Bianchi – The host of La Sera and the music director.
Rete Italia has a significant impact on the Italian community in Australia, as it provides them with a source of information, entertainment and education in their native language. It also helps them to stay connected with their roots, culture and traditions. Rete Italia has a loyal and engaged audience that appreciates its quality and diversity of content.
Rete Italia is one of the most popular multicultural radio networks in Australia, reaching over 500,000 listeners per week. It is also available online via, as well as on DAB+ digital radio in Melbourne. It has won several awards for its excellence in broadcasting, such as the Ethnic Business Awards, the Community Broadcasting Association of Australia Awards and the Australian Multicultural Marketing Awards.
Contact Number: +61 1300 363 900
Address: Melbourne, VIC, Australia, Victoria.