FM 105.5: The First Independent Radio Station in Armenia
FM 105.5 is a radio station broadcasting from Yerevan, Armenia. This is the first independent and commercial radio station in Armenia, which was founded in 1994. The radio plays musical programs covering genres, such as pop, jazz, folk and hits. It also airs news, information, entertainment and cultural programs for its listeners.
History of FM 105.5
FM 105.5 started its journey in September 1994 by a group of journalists and media professionals. They wanted to create a free and independent radio station in Armenia. At that time, the country was going through difficulties, such as blockade, electricity shortage, economic crisis and war. Despite facing many challenges, it managed to launch its transmission on 105.5 MHz frequency (FM) and became the first private radio station in Armenia.
Soon, It gained popularity among the Armenian listeners for its diverse and quality content, as well as its professional and creative staff. It also became a member of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) and participated in various international projects and events.
Programs and Presenters
FM 105.5 offers a wide range of programs for different tastes and interests. Some of the popular programs are:
- Hay Zinvor: A program that honors the Armenian soldiers and veterans who fought for the independence and security of Armenia and Artsakh. It features stories, songs, poems and greetings from the army and their families.
- Hay Life: A program that covers various aspects of life in Armenia and abroad, such as culture, education, health, sports, tourism, fashion and more. It features interviews, reports, tips and advice from experts and celebrities.
- Hay Music: A program that plays the best of Armenian music from different genres and eras. It features new releases, classics, hits, folk songs and more.
Some of its popular presenters are:
- Armen Sargsyan: The director and founder. He is also a journalist, producer and host of several programs on the radio.
- Lilit Harutyunyan: The deputy director of FM105.5. She is also a journalist, editor and host of several programs on FM105.5.
- Anna Hakobyan: The head of news department of FM105.5. She is also a journalist, reporter and host of several programs on FM105.5.
- Armen Martirosyan: The head of music department of FM105.5. He is also a musician, composer and host of several programs on FM105.5.
How to Listen
You can listen to FM 105.5 on your radio device by tuning in to 105.5 MHz frequency (FM) in Yerevan and surrounding areas.
FM105.5 is a radio station that aims to provide quality content for its listeners in Armenia and beyond. It is a radio station that respects the values of democracy, freedom, human rights and peace. It is a radio station that you can trust and enjoy listening to.
Address: Անտառային 188/16, Yerevan, Armenia