Radio Salam Watandar is a radio station that broadcasts news, information and entertainment in Afghanistan. The radio broadcasts on 98.9 FM. It is a national radio service that reaches 53 Afghan-owned and operated radio stations across the country. The radio aims to promote peace, democracy and development in Afghanistan.
Radio Salam Watandar’s History
Radio Salam Watandar started its operation in 2003 as a project of Internews, an international media development organization. It received support from USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives, which helps countries in conflict and crisis. It was one of the first independent radio networks in Afghanistan, providing an alternative to state-run media and extremist propaganda.
Radio Salam Watandar offers a variety of programs that cater to different audiences and interests. Some of the popular programs are:
- Salam Subh: A daily morning show that airs from 6:00 am to 9:00 am and covers the latest news, weather, traffic, sports and entertainment.
- Salam Siasat: A daily political show that airs from 9:00 am to 10:00 am and features interviews, debates, opinions and reports on various topics such as governance, security, human rights and civil society.
- Salam Farhang: A daily cultural show that airs from 10:00 am to 11:00 am and showcases music, poetry, literature, art and history of Afghanistan and the region.
- Salam Shab: A daily night show that airs from 9:00 pm to 12:00 am and provides music, comedy, stories and games.
Radio Salam Watandar has a team of professional and experienced presenters who deliver the programs with passion and enthusiasm. Some of the notable presenters are:
- Ahmad Shah Sadat: The host of Salam Subh and the director of the radio. He is a former journalist and a media trainer.
- Najiba Ayubi: The host of Salam Siasat and the head of news at Salam Watandar. She is a veteran journalist and a women’s rights activist.
- Zafar Hashemi: The host of Salam Farhang and a popular singer and poet. He is also a media consultant and a former spokesperson for the President of Afghanistan.
- Shabana Mansoory: The host of Salam Shab and a comedian and actress. She is also a social media influencer and a youth leader.
Radio Salam Watandar is a radio station that provides news, information and entertainment in Afghanistan. It is a national radio service that reaches 53 Afghan-owned and operated radio stations across the country. It aims to be a voice of peace and unity for its listeners. Radio Salam Watandar’s mission is to “provide a voice for the Afghan people and to promote peace, democracy, and human rights.”
Language: Pashto, English
Cell: +93 79 130 0402
Address: Street 1, Ansari Square, Kabul, Afghanistan.